Why is an Apprenticeship Program a Competitive Advantage?
- Manufacturing is enjoying a rebound as the economy recovers and corporations move jobs back onshore
- Finding skilled employees is the number one problem most manufacturers report
- Students and parents are pushing back against high costs of post-secondary education and burdensome loans
- Precision Machining cannot be learned solely in a classroom
- On the job training as a full time employee while attending supporting classes is the best way to master a complex skill
- AZPMAP Apprentice program is the best way to build your future workforce…your Competitive Advantage
- AZPMAP….Competing for With Talent
What is unique about AZMAP’s program?
- Having a Central Administrator to do the ‘heavy lifting’ of reporting and tracking brings apprenticeship into the reach of small companies
- Web based reporting system makes it easy for apprentice and employer to track hours and training
- AZ Job Training Fund grants help offset costs for small (<100) employers
- AZPMAP markets program to CTE high schools, JTEDS, general public
- AZPMAP tests, screens and interviews applicants to provide the best candidates
- Apprentices get NIMS Level 1 Safety Training prior to first day
What is my Commitment?
- Employers must designate one experienced employee as the trainer for any two apprentices and must pay for the 'train the trainer' class.
- Employers must rotate apprentices through different jobs in order to cover all competency areas for a particular job code.
- Hiring an apprentice is like a marriage, it can be dissolved but should be entered into with the intention of making it permanent.
- Employers must require apprentices and their trainers to report hours on the website.